Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sol Yoga La Jolla




La Jolla Sol Yoga is a wonderful studio around. Setting, classroom, and the atmosphere is suburb all.
The Vibe

The studio is just beautiful. This is a new place so everything is pretty clean and nice. Decor and lighting give the feel, very earthy comfort. I felt comfortable from the second I walked in, I just thought, 'Now this is the place to practice.'

Friendly atmosphere of the studio reflects the attitude of the instructors, all of whom are super supportive and friendly. I attribute my perception of the major studios to them, the people who guided me through daily practice.


They really make a special order which can make the flow of yoga classes as they should.
Classes

I picked up the 1-2 and Hot Hatha Fusion classes here, which are all remarkable. With my experience in mind, I would wager to say their Power 1, Power 2, and Candlelight Yoga classes are all the same in quality.
Power 1-2

This class is for students who want to take the next step in their practice or for beginners who want a challenge.

This is just about perfect for me. Poses are modified with each class, and keep refreshing every new session. I like the flow of a challenging pose, animate, and soothing all at once. However, the focus is really to maintain the breath and keep a calm mind.

The instructors really emphasize that you are comfortable with the movement and keep your breath, which is exactly where I think you should focus.
Hot Hatha Fusion

So this is actually the first real hot yoga class I've ever taken. The room is heated to 110 degrees total, a little intimidating hear. In reality though, the temperature is pleasant.

Grade flow is slower and less stringent than Power Yoga. The focus here is on maintaining the pose and find a balance while keeping your breath. Poses in this class tend to be gentler and less demanding on the arms.

For me, this class is just a quieter challenge with highly detoxifying qualities.
Useful Information

If you want to try Yoga Sol La Jolla out, is $ 10 for the first week.

As an added bonus, the studio is equipped with a fantastic dressing room; shower and hair dryer are included.

No comments:

Post a Comment